Your NAFCT certification journey begins with the Substrate and Subfloor Prep Certification. In this course you will gain knowledge and understanding of:
- Wood Subfloors and Underlayment Materials
- Wood Subfloor Construction
- Components of Concrete
- Concrete Subfloor Construction and Placement
- Concrete Problems and Causes
- Thick Pour Gypsum Underlayment
- Respirable Silica
- Hands-on Substrate/Subfloor Training
After each lesson there will be a short quiz and a final exam once all lessons have been completed. As part of the certification requirement, you will be required to attend a Substrate/Subfloor Training with one of our Educational Partners to receive the certification.
This course will serve as a pre-reequisit for other NAFCT certifications.
Course Fee: $100 – includes online lessons and quiz/testing fees.
The Substrate and Subfloor Prep Certification Program includes online learning and hands on training with NAFCT Educational Partners. It is advised that you take the online course prior to attending the hands-on training. The final exam may be taken prior to or after the hands-on training.
Please note: Certification will not be given until all have been completed – online course, hands-on training with NAFCT Educational Partner, and final exam.
How do I maintain my certification:
To maintain an NAFCT Certification, certified person must:
- Keep yearly membership in good standing
- Complete any additional lessons added to the course curriculum within 90 days
- Complete twenty-four (24) Continuing Education Credits every 2 years
Persons certified that are NOT meeting the requirements to maintain a certification will have 60 days to become compliant.
To review all certification FAQ’s, visit https://nafct.com/faqs/#certifications