How does the Substrate and Subfloor Prep Certification Program work?Sarah Fike
The Substrate and Subfloor Prep Certification Program includes online learning and hands on training with NAFCT Educational Partners.
It is advised that you take the online course prior to attending the hands-on training. The final exam may be taken prior to or after the hands-on training.
The onliine lessons are available 24/7. Most lessons have a quiz that you will need to complete before advancing to the next lesson.
Order of lessons is as follows:
- Wood Subfloor and Underlayment materials + quiz
- Wood Subfloor Construction + quiz
- Components of Concrete + quiz
- Concrete Subfloor Construction and Placement + quiz
- Concrete Problems and Causes + quiz
- Thick Pour Gypsum Underlayment
- Humidity, Vapor and Sources of Moisture + quiz
- Respirable Silica + quiz
Please note: Certification will not be given until all have been completed - online course, hands-on training with NAFCT Educational Partner, and final exam.