Frequently Asked Questions
What types of membership do you have?We offer various membership levels. Please visit the JOIN page for details.
Is it easy to join?Absolutely. Simply click on the JOIN link to get started.
How do I create a directory listing?To create a directory listing, follow these easy steps:
- Click into the directory you wish to create a listing for, scroll down to the bottom of the page and then click the 'GET LISTED NOW' button. Alternatively you can also go into MY ACCOUNT, then on the left side click on the directory name, then click the + button.
- Register or login.
- Select a listing option.
- Create your listing.
How do I edit my directory listings?After claiming or creating your listing if you wish to edit it, follow these steps:
- Locate your listing: This can be done via two methods after you are logged in:
- Go to listing page.
- Go to MY ACCOUNT > then click the directory name that your listing belongs to.
- Editing Option:
- Listing page: On top right of your listing, click on the settings gear icon, then click EDIT link.
- My Account > Directory page: Click the settings gear icon next to your listing and click EDIT link.
- Update your listing as desired, then click the UPDATE button.
How do I cancel my membership / directory listings?To cancel your current membership and directory listings, follow these steps:
- Visit the MY ACCOUNT page and login.
- On the left menu click on SUBSCRIPTIONS.
- Next to your subscription of choice, click the CANCEL button.
What is the approval process for a directory listing?After placing your order and creating your listing, your listing will go into a temporary "Pending" status. One of our admins will review your listing, approve it, then you will get an email from our website when your listing is live. Typical approval time is up to two business days.
Do I need to be an NAFCT member to take certification courses?Yes, in order to take a certification course, you do need to be an NAFCT member in good standing. Memberships start at $100 per year. Membership includes access to free webinars (continuing education credits), discounted event registration, networking resources and much more.
How does the Substrate and Subfloor Prep Certification Program work?The Substrate and Subfloor Prep Certification Program includes online learning and hands on training with NAFCT Educational Partners. It is advised that you take the online course prior to attending the hands-on training. The final exam may be taken prior to or after the hands-on training. The onliine lessons are available 24/7. Most lessons have a quiz that you will need to complete before advancing to the next lesson. Order of lessons is as follows:
- Wood Subfloor and Underlayment materials + quiz
- Wood Subfloor Construction + quiz
- Components of Concrete + quiz
- Concrete Subfloor Construction and Placement + quiz
- Concrete Problems and Causes + quiz
- Thick Pour Gypsum Underlayment
- Humidity, Vapor and Sources of Moisture + quiz
- Respirable Silica + quiz